Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cats are squirreltastic

Hello again! Long time, no post. When I'm away at school, I rarely have the time, nor the inspiration, to write about my furry felines who stay at home. I only get to see them on the weekends every few weeks and my mother (henceforth their grandmother) hasn't been keeping data logs on their behavior like I asked her. "Alien cats?" she said. "That's silly" she said. "You're wasting all the tinfoil" she said.

Yesterday I came across a video produced by a very angry, very animated . . . squirrel. The squirrel, despite its high-pitched voice and adorably huge eyes, hates everyone and everything and spends his free time complaining about human beings and throwing nuts at them. Warning - the following video uses (some) strong language.

In Foamy Fan Mail VIII, Foamy (the Squirrel) receives a fan letter regarding a contest he had. The transcript goes:

Letter: Dear Foamy, in October, when you had the Foamy-Look-Alike contest, how come the pictures I submitted didn't win?
Foamy: *sigh* Dear Annie Leibovitz, well a simple explanation for this - you sent in pictures of a damn cat! AM I A CAT? No! I am not a cat. I don't look like a cat, I don't think like a cat, and I don't know any cats that have a t-shirt with the logo "Squirrely Rap" on it. SSSQUUUIRRREEELLLLY.

I have to disagree, especially with the comment "I don't look like a cat."

Yes, Foamy, yes you do. All squirrels do. And it's only since yesterday when I came to understand why.

First off, for those of you who are skeptical about the whole "Squirrels look like cats" claim, go outside and start walking until you come across a squirrel. Take note of its spastic, jerky movements, its cute fluffiness, and it's general caffeinated-like demeanor. Seem familiar? That's because it is. I would know. I'm and expert on both squirrels and cats at this point, given my observational studies on felines and the fact that my school campus is teeming with squirrels. Seriously. I'm pretty sure the humans are barely taking the lead with a student to tree rodent ratio of, like, 2 to 1. They're everywhere.

Here's a visual aid to illustrate their likeness:

Identical.

A shallow-minded thinker might go "They're clearly related by some distant ancestor. That's just proof of evolution! That cats evolved along with squirrels right here on Earth!" But you and I know better than that. No, no, this is evidence, alright - evidence that cats are also psychologists. They know exactly how we think.

See, I don't think that cats just stumbled across Earth, thought it was a decent enough place, plunked their ship down, and took over the world. There are many, many variables they must have considered - such as oxygen, gravity, presence of water (but not too much), and on and on. And I'll bet they knew that the intelligent species* on any particular planet would notice something was off if every single creature on the planet had scales except one species. Yeah, that's discreet.

I imagine that they must have taken the appearance of other creatures in the world into consideration in choosing the planet of their choice. They had to blend into the crowd.

Nailed it.

* Not as intelligent as them, obviously. 

29 comments:

  1. Glad you're back at the writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, this is the first time I've come across this blog, and I tell you something, I'm going to make very, very sure that my human never does! I don't need her knowing secrets like the ones you reveal here! After all, if she started wearing a tin foil hat, how would I be able to insinuate my constant need for tuna and treats in a manner she'll respond to? This writing is dangerous to cats everywhere! I don't know how you stumbled across these secrets, but you should promptly do your best to forget them! It's for the good of your cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, very funny and i read a few of your older posts and got a kick out of them! Especially liked the post about cats and the bathroom. Mine are like toddlers, if I am in there, they are too!

    Shawn

    Chloe and Cecil, too
    http://www.chloeandcecil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a great comparison shot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe everything published made a lot of sense. However, what about this?
    what if you were to write a killer post title? I am not saying
    your information isn't solid., however suppose you added a headline that grabbed folk's attention?
    I mean "Cats are squirreltastic" is a little plain. You ought to glance at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create post headlines to grab viewers interested. You might add a related video or a related pic or two to get readers excited about what you've written.

    Just my opinion, it could bring your website a little bit more interesting.


    My weblog :: Steinzeit Diät

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.

    Feel free to visit my homepage - kostenlose rezepte ohne gluten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there excellent website! Does running a blog similar to
    this require a massive amount work? I've absolutely no expertise in coding however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyway, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject but I simply had to ask. Many thanks!

    Here is my weblog: low carb diät erfahrung

    ReplyDelete
  8. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who was conducting a little
    research on this. And he actually ordered me dinner because
    I discovered it for him... lol. So let me reword this.
    ... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time
    to talk about this subject here on your blog.

    Also visit my page gm diet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hardly leave a response, however i did a few searching and
    wound up here "Cats are squirreltastic". And I do have some questions for
    you if you don't mind. Is it just me or does it look as if like some of these comments look as if they are left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at additional online social sites, I would like to follow anything new you have to post. Could you list of every one of all your public sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Also visit my web site: blog wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out.
    Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Appreciate it

    my site: liste kohlenhydrate lebensmittel

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you want to take a great deal from this post then you have
    to apply such methods to your won weblog.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage paleo diät
    My website - low carb desserts

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are going for finest contents like myself, just go to see this website every day
    as it provides quality contents, thanks

    Have a look at my webpage; paleo mittagessen
    my page > paleo fruhstuck

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so
    I came to check it out. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!

    Outstanding blog and great design.

    Feel free to surf to my web site - wordpress grundkurs

    ReplyDelete
  14. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin
    stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive
    a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    my site Finanzberater in Wiesbaden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Appreciating the hard work you put into your website and in depth information you provide.
    It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same
    outdated rehashed information. Great read!
    I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.



    my weblog; premium themes wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely feel this site needs a great deal more attention.
    I'll probably be back again to read more, thanks for the info!

    my web site ... Öl-Massage

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this site, and your views are fastidious designed for new viewers.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; thai massagepraxis wiesbaden

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the article
    you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you
    who are not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go after your heart.



    Take a look at my blog :: wordpress grundlagenschulung

    ReplyDelete
  19. An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a friend who has been conducting a little research on this. And he actually bought me breakfast simply because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to talk about this matter here on your internet site.

    Here is my webpage: steuerberater deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  20. Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed
    to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you,
    I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    Also visit my blog post ... kohlenhydratfreies brot kaufen

    ReplyDelete
  21. My brother recommended I might like this blog.
    He was totally right. This publish actually made my day. You cann't believe just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

    Take a look at my page low carb veggies
    Also see my web site: paläo diät

    ReplyDelete
  22. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem
    to be running off the screen in Opera. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post
    to let you know. The design and style look great though!

    Hope you get the problem fixed soon. Thanks

    Feel free to visit my page; lenkdrachen für anfänger

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great article! We will be linking to this great post on our site.
    Keep up the good writing.

    my blog post; koch dich schlank
    My site - creatin einkauf

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have you ever considered writing an ebook or
    guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.

    I know my subscribers would value your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

    My homepage; glutenfreies brot
    Also see my webpage > Glutenunverträglichkeit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everyone loves it when individuals come together and share thoughts.

    Great website, keep it up!

    Also visit my website: low carb online

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined
    your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of
    your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!



    my weblog - wordpress installation anleitung

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that'ѕ both eԁuсаtivе and
    іnteresting, and ωіthоut a ԁoubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I came across this in my search for something concerning this.

    Feel free to visit my site ... reputation management

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hеllo thеrе! Wοuld you mind іf I ѕhаrе уouг blog with my faсebook grouρ?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    my homepage - lloyd irvin

    ReplyDelete